Re: [LAD] GuitarSynth

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 27 2015 - 20:59:36 EEST

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:13:12 -0400, Tim E. Real wrote:
>To reduce latency I even tried putting the guitar through a standard
>time-domain pitch shifter (up one octave) and then into the detector.
>Not bad, so so.

Since "dead" strings aren't an option for me, this is something I'll
test for monophonic converters, because they also suffer from
accuracy and latency. I never tested this. Nice idea.

JFTR, if I'm short of money, I boil "dead" guitar strings in water. As
long as they only suffered from skin fat and particles of skin and they
aren't worn out or suffer from oxidation, this refreshes the strings
without a side effect.