Re: [LAD] LV2 control port (parameter) value scaling and mapping?

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 29 2015 - 22:35:58 EEST

Am 29.05.2015 um 18:28 schrieb David Robillard:
> Nope. LV2 uses the real meaningful value in ports and has no facility
> for doing otherwise at present.

Thanks for the clarification. I suspected/feared as much. I think it
would be a useful addition, but I can see that it would be hard to cover
all use cases properly with a clear syntax and an easy to implement
interface for hosts. On the other hand, the MDA example shows, that it
can be useful if you want to support different plug-in formats without
the wrapper code getting too complex.

Regarding the MDA suite, I'm mainly interested in the JX10 synth and
I'll just fork it and make my own version, because the parameter
handling in the code is a mess anyway and needs to cleaned up, before I
can work on it.

https://github.com/SpotlightKid/mda-lv2

Chris