[LAD] Tascam US-16x08 0644:8047

From: Greg <linux-audio-dev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 15 2015 - 00:04:03 EEST

Greetings,

I am fairly new to USB dev (in linux in particular, but also in general), but I
would very much like to try to get support for the above device working in
snd-usb-audio.

- Is this an appropriate place to discuss snd-usb-audio?
- Are there any recommended reading pointers for behavior of the quirk table?

I patched parse_audio_format_rates_v2(), get_sample_rate_v2(), and
set_sample_rate_v2(), and through some sort of beginner luck was able to get
aplay audio out of the first two channels. That was incomplete hackery though
(eg fixed sample rate), and I would like to learn how to properly add quirk
support. There have been other reports that this device worked OOTB, but I
fail to see how!

I've also been examining the traffic to the device with wireshark and a
win7 vm, but the learning curve for USB is a bit steep, so I am digesting. (:

If anyone can provide suggestions on lsusb output alone, here's what I have:
http://pastebin.com/pA9MLQet

cheers,
Greg

[x-post from alsa-devel due to empty thread -
 see: http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2015-July/094682.html]