Re: [LAD] AVB not so dead after all

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 21 2015 - 22:31:48 EEST

Related to this topic, I would recommend reading through this...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/theatre-sound-list/WbysqMHs6iw

AVB isn't dead no, but it certainly isn't close to dominant at this point,
at least on my side of the pond. It may be a different situation on the
other side, no idea. That being said, it has a very uphill battle to
displace Dante at this point on my side of the pond and get decent usage
professionally.

Then again if AES67 interoperability comes into play, then is may be a moot
point as ideally you would be able to communicate between the two protocols.

        Seablade