Re: [LAD] Jack ringbuffer

From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 10 2015 - 16:20:03 EET

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:07:25 -0500
Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > If I have a buffer size of 256 and always use a 4 byte data block, can I be
> > confident that reads and writes will either transfer the correct number
> > of bytes or none at all?
> >

> You cannot.

Somehow I expected that would be the answer :(

So, if I get, (say) three bytes processed, presumably I make another call for
just one.

Is it safe to cheat and without modifying the data block adjust the
byte count and increment the pointer passed to jack by the appropriate amount?

I'm thinking that I should only make two or three repeat attempts before
aborting.

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)
... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,