[LAD] No sound after login

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2016 - 23:50:54 EET

Greetings;

This has been a PIMA here for a couple years, surviving at least one full
fresh install to a new HD.

I hear a very strong thump during the bootup at about the time the
modules are loaded, which tells me the audio is alive and well.

However, when I have initially logged in and the system is ready to be
used for whatever my urges want to, if I want to hear the sound on a web
site as a news story is played, I must first call up a terminal and
issue:

alsactl restore

Now it seems to me there ought to be someplace in the junk that runs
after the login, to put a "/usr/sbin/alsactl restore", where it will be
executed as me, and this problem then should be fixed, at least until a
new install is done.

The question is where?

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett