[LAD] LV2 plugin host MIDI channel number detection

From: Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2016 - 03:26:22 EET

Hello!

Some LV2 plugins seem to now the MIDI channel # of the track on which
they are inserted, and some don't.
If I had to guess I'd say that nobody knows, only some plugins can
receive data from several MIDI channels, and some only work with one, so
they never mistake ; Am I right?

Last year I made a GUI around so-404 to learn about LV2 (and C, C++, DSP
code, etc. :)) ; And it has the same problem, just sightly different:
Worse: It starts numbering at 0, so if it's inserted on a track w/ MIDI
#4, you have to select 3
Better: It remembers said channel # on session reload (ZynAddSubFx
doesn't. Yoshimi does)

Can somebody point me towards the light? I'd like my plugin to only
listen to one channel: The one of the host track it's inserted into.

yPhil

--
Philippe "xaccrocheur" Yassin
http://manyrecords.com