Re: [LAD] [ANN] The Qstuff* Spring'16 Release Frenzy

From: Hermann Meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Thu Apr 07 2016 - 21:29:48 EEST

Am 05.04.2016 um 23:10 schrieb Rui Nuno Capela:
> Hi,
>
> On the wake of the miniLAC2016@email-addr-hidden-base.org Berlin [14], and keeping up
> with tradition, the most venerable of the Qstuff* are under the so
> called Spring'16 release frenzy...
>
> Enjoy the party!
>
> - QjackCtl 0.4.2
> - Qsynth 0.4.1
> - Qsampler 0.4.0
> - QXGEdit 0.4.0
> - QmidiCtl 0.4.0
> - QmidiNet 0.4.0
>
> Details are as follows...
>

> **QjackCtl - JACK Audio Connection Kit Qt GUI Interface [1]**
>
> QjackCtl 0.4.2 (spring'16) released!
>
> QjackCtl [1] is a(n ageing but still) simple Qt [7] application to
> control the JACK [8] sound server, for the Linux Audio [12]
> infrastructure.
>
> Website:
> http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net
>
> Downloads:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qjackctl/files
> - source tarball:
> http://download.sf.net/qjackctl/qjackctl-0.4.2.tar.gz
> - source package:
> http://download.sf.net/qjackctl/qjackctl-0.4.2-25.rncbc.suse.src.rpm
> - binary packages:
> http://download.sf.net/qjackctl/qjackctl-0.4.2-25.rncbc.suse.i586.rpm
> http://download.sf.net/qjackctl/qjackctl-0.4.2-25.rncbc.suse.x86_84.rpm
>
> Git repos:
> http://git.code.sf.net/p/qjackctl/code
> https://github.com/rncbc/qjackctl
>
> Change-log:
> - Added a brand new "Enable JACK D-BUS interface" option, split from
> the old common "Enable D-BUS interface" setup option which now refers
> to its own self D-BUS interface exclusively.
> - Dropped old "Start minimized to system tray" option from setup.
> - Add double-click action (toggle start/stop) to systray (a pull
> request by Joel Moberg, thanks).
> - Added application keywords to freedesktop.org's AppData.
> - System-tray icon context menu has been fixed/hacked to show up again
> on Plasma 5 (aka. KDE5) notification status area.
> - Switched column entries in the unified interface device combo-box to
> make it work for macosx/coreaudio again.
> - Blind fix to a FTBFS on macosx/coreaudio platforms, a leftover from
> the unified interface device selection

Hi

Thanks for this.
I must admit that I get some trouble with the qjackctl systray.
I'm using cinnamon desktop (GTK3) and the SystemTrayIcon activated
signal (slot) didn't work. Only the contextMenuRequested get called (on
left click), but then, cinnamon pops up a empty bubble above the
qjackctl menu which needs to click away before the menu is usable.
I tried a couple of modifications, with, no better result. So, I switch
to build qjackctl against qt4, and anything works like expected.

regards
hermann