Re: [LAD] Favorite Python3 equivalent of PyJack?

From: IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 25 2016 - 19:23:31 EEST

On 2016-04-20 13:50, Matthias Geier wrote:
> Hi Jonathan.
>
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 3:24 AM, Jonathan Brickman wrote:
>> I am finding myself motivated to convert from Python 2.7 to Python 3, and I
>> just realized that PyJack, the Python JACK library I have been using, has
>> not been set up for Python 3. Anyone have a favorite JACK library for
>> Python3?
>
> I'm probably biased (because I'm its author), but I like this one:
> http://jackclient-python.rtfd.org/
>
> It works for both Python 2 and 3.

i'm biased as well and involved in PyJack.
well, at least one of the various packages named PyJack, the one started
by Andy Schmeder and hosted at sourceforge:
   https://sourceforge.net/projects/py-jack/

if memory serves me well (and the git logs tell no lies), then i have
added python3 support to the v0.6 version about 3 years ago.

however, afaik we never did a format release (not even tag it), so
that's why there's still v0.5.2 sitting on PyPi, which lacks python3.

fgmasdr
IOhannes