[LAD] LV2 mono instruments recommended?

From: Stefan Westerfeld <stefan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 09 2016 - 20:33:31 EEST

   Hi!

I'm currently implementing a LV2 plugin for SpectMorph, and so far I only
defined one audio port in the ttl file/source, as the output of the morphing
algorithm is just mono.

I have tested with Ardour and Qtractor. Ardour does what I'd expect: it plays
my instrument output on both channels. Qtractor however just plays my mono data
on one channel, the other is silent. Which is not what I want.

So I am considering making my LV2 instrument always stereo, and just copy the
output buffer from left to right - this is cheap, and probably not much more
expensive than what the host would need to do anyway.

Does this sound like the reasonable way to go?

   Cu... Stefan

--
Stefan Westerfeld, http://space.twc.de/~stefan