Re: [LAD] ALSA Sequencer timestamp on event without scheduling

From: Felipe Ferreri Tonello <eu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2016 - 21:04:18 EEST

Hi Clemens,

On 16/09/16 18:41, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Felipe Ferreri Tonello wrote:
>> I have a question. I would like to send sequencer events without
>> scheduling but with a timestamp information associated with. Is that
>> possible?
>
> You could set the timestamp field of the event, but why bother when
> nobody is ever going to read it?

Thant's what I am doing[1] but I would like to know if there is a proper
method of doing so.

I suggest us to use this method as a standard way of doing it. This is
*necessary* for MIDI-BLE at least, where the packet provides timestamp
information.

If that's the case, we can patch some main libraries to use it if it is
available, and update ALSA Sequencer documentation.

[1] https://github.com/ftonello/bluez/blob/midi/profiles/midi/midi.c

--
Felipe