Re: [LAD] Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2017 - 19:58:13 EET

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017, Hanspeter Portner wrote:

> On 14.02.2017 16:39, Fokke de Jong wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I’m trying to set up a minimal audio system (without X11) based on the ubuntu mini-iso.
>>
>> When trying to start jack, i get this dbus error message:
>
> No X11 -> No DBus

Not true. I have done
dbus-launch screen
and used screen as my text only session manager with success. jack_control
was able to start jackdbus, pulse was able to run and bridge to jack on a
headless system. (it has been a while, I stopped because the system I was
using was too memory strapped) Any of the terminals in the same screen
instance will be able to communicate with any other.

So it is possible. It does mean learning more about your system... at a
system level. There is also a startjack script out there that sort of
hacks around this problem, but it does not leave dbus usable for anything
else. (I can't find it right now)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net