Re: [LAD] launch-step: a step sequencer for Novation Launchpads

From: Kaspar Emanuel <kaspar.bumke@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 21 2017 - 15:51:49 EEST

Thanks Chris, right now the buttons are:

- Up - Navigate one screen up towards higher notes
- Down - Navigate one screen down (lower notes)
- Left - Decrease number of steps by one
- Right - Increase number of steps by one
- Session - Reset the entire session (deleting everything)
- User1 - Reset the cursor to the start of the sequence (and reset the
clock if an internal clock is used)

The rest of the special buttons are not used yet (can you think up
anything you'd like to do with them?). One thing I am thinking of
doing is having separate sequences per MIDI channel, maybe allow
reconfiguring the buttons and channels with a config file.

>> let's you [...] set lower velocities by holding down the pads.
>That's a cool idea! I'd like to try out how this feels in practice.

Well, the downside is it takes a lot of time to set notes of lower
velocity and it's quite hard to hit particular velocity. The LEDs on
the launchpad can't fade properly, you can only set three brightness
levels so they don't indicate the velocity properly either. But it's
better than having everything at full velocity all the time.