Re: [LAD] youtube blocks LAC 2017 May 18 AM

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 22 2017 - 12:32:56 EEST

YouTube does act on specific right holders complaints. I know this as a
fact. You can go to any video and complain. Many YT vbloggers, including
quite prominent ones, complain.

Explanation from the Nostalgia Critic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVqFAMOtwaI

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 11:22 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> On 2017-05-21 20:50, Louigi Verona wrote:
> > No, I mean there seems to be an owner of the content (an Institute) that
> is
> > claiming copyright. But I am not sure how this works. YT will have
> specific
> > phrases for specific block reasons.
>
> i don't think so.
> usually youtube does not act on specific claims by the copyright
> holders, but rather proactively searches for potential copyright
> violations (via "Content ID") and blocks the content until any issues
> are sorted out.
>
> i've had videos of 14 year old pianists playing beethoven being blocked,
> because ContentID thought that that was actually a recording by Yehudi
> Menuhin. (sometimes they *are* right though)
>

> fgasmdr
> IOhannes

Louigi Verona
https://www.patreon.com/droning