Re: [LAD] OSC-generating plugin?

From: Julius Smith <jos@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 19 2017 - 21:45:35 EEST

Hi Jörn,

That's a cool idea - I'm going to need this as well!

How about using faust2faustvst to create a VST plugin having the
parameters you want to automate, and using Faust's OSC support to
"xmit" the automation?

I have only used Faust OSC in the other direction
(https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/aspf/Using_FAUST_Open_Sound.html) but
it looks like the xmit mode should be adaptable to our needs. We
might have to manually (with an architecture-file edit) link receive
to transmit, since it appears from the doc that the xmit option is
only for emitting manual manipulations of the GUI elements:
http://faust.grame.fr/docs/faust-quick-reference.pdf - it's not clear
to me that received OSC messages will be subject to xmit forwarding.

- Julius

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Jörn Nettingsmeier
<nettings@stackingdwarves.net> wrote:
> Hi *!
>
> Does anybody know of a decent free plugin that generates arbitrary OSC
> command streams from plugin automation data in the DAW? Preferrably (gasp!)
> VST? Idea is to use SomeEvilDAW to send and control smart things on a box
> running a friendly OS and a FriendlyDAW.
>
> Best,
>
> Jörn
>

> --
> Jörn Nettingsmeier
> De Rijpgracht 8, 1055VR Amsterdam, Nederland
> Tel. +49 177 7937487
>
> Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio)
> Referent für Beschallung im VDT
>
> --
> Jörn Nettingsmeier
> De Rijpgracht 8, 1055VR Amsterdam, Nederland
> Tel. +49 177 7937487
>
> Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Tonmeister VDT
> http://stackingdwarves.net

Julius O. Smith III <jos@ccrma.stanford.edu>
Professor of Music and, by courtesy, Electrical Engineering
CCRMA, Stanford University
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/