[LAD] Do professionals use Pulse Audio? ; xfce4-mixer

From: Philip Rhoades <phil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2018 - 14:30:51 EEST

People,

I am not a professional LA user but I have regard for what serious LA
users have to say. A post turned up on the Fedora XFCE list about
removing xfce4-mixer for F29 - I responded with:

"Every time I upgrade I immediately UNinstall PA and use ALSA only - so
I still depend on xfce4-mixer . ."

Someone replied that PA has greatly improved since the early days
especially and "controlling streams separately is an added feature" -
but I can do that with the .asoundrc I have now - are there any good
reasons for me to reconsider the situation the next time I do a fresh
install? (I realise I am likely to get biased comments here but I am
not going to post on a PA list . .).

Thanks,

Phil.

--