[LAD] Do professionals use Pulse Audio? ; xfce4-mixer

From: John Rigg <ladev9@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 09 2018 - 22:03:07 EEST

On Wed Apr 25 18:27:25 CEST 2018 Will J Godfrey wrote:
> I use one machine specifically for music, permanently connected to Keyboards
> etc. and PA was removed with extreme prejudice. On the audio side it's working
> entirely Jack - MIDI is mostly ALSA.
>
> On my other 'office' machine it's there and I don't pay any attention to it.

I also use dedicated machines for my DAW systems, with no PA installed. All
audio is working with jack.

My DAWs seldom connect to the internet so I don't have a heavyweight web
browser (or many other desktop-type programs for that matter) installed.

I actually dislike modern desktop Linux so much I switched my 'office'
system to OpenBSD some time ago. That uses sndio (much simpler than PA)
for browser audio.

John