Re: [LAD] Polyphonic normal guitar to midi: Jam Origins' MIDI-Guitar

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2018 - 09:44:41 EEST

Den 2018-06-26 kl. 00:31, skrev Tim:

> I read they use more than just spectral stuff.
> Like AI used in speech recognition and so on.

<snip>

> Amazing what DSP audio and image coding can do these days.
> Any thoughts on coding techniques? I've read a lot of papers!
> Some say using FFTs + auto-correlation comparisons.
> Some say non-negative matrix.

From the abstract of the patent [1] [2]

"An audio matching method, use of the method in a game system, an audio
matching system and a data carrier are provided, where the audio
matching method is for comparing an input audio fragment with reference
audio fragment variants, the method being an incremental search method,
including repeating the steps of: obtaining a number of reference audio
fragments variants on the basis of one or more stored audio fragments
from a reference storage; and comparing the input audio fragment against
the number of reference audio fragment variants to determine a
comparison result; whereby repetition of the steps is carried out a
predetermined number of times or as long as the comparison result improves."

SOS had a review of it 4 years ago [3]

ref.
[1]
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/93/f6/7b/30b78e5067b5e5/US20120132057A1.pdf