Re: [LAD] Polyphonic normal guitar to midi: Jam Origins' MIDI-Guitar

From: Tim <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2018 - 23:25:27 EEST

On 06/26/2018 03:55 PM, Hans Wilmers wrote:
> On 06/26/2018 08:32 PM, Spencer Jackson wrote:
>>

>> I don't know of anyone really working on polyphonic pitch recognition in
>> the open source world. I think Bayesian filtering of some kind though
>> would be compelling. Perhaps some of the work from ISSE
>> (http://isse.sourceforge.net/) could be used and made realtime.
>>

> There is a SuperCollider plugin by Nick Collins called PolyPitch, which
> does what the name suggests.
> The source is GPL, and available here:
> https://composerprogrammer.com/code.html
>
> / Hans

 From Klapuri, "Multipitch analysis of polyphonic music and
  speech signals using an auditory model", from PolyPitch:

"The method consists of a computational model of the
  human auditory periphery, followed by a periodicity analysis
  mechanism where fundamental frequencies are iteratively
  detected and canceled from the mixture signal."

Wow. That seems much different than all the other papers I read.
Wonder how well it works, especially if applied to guitar.

It sort of reminds me of how I once was part of Sony's rollout of
  Surround Retrieval System technology.
It was TV surround speakers modeled based on human hearing,
  to make one pair of these speakers simulate a truer surround.

Tim.