Re: [LAD] jackd not using jackdrc...

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2018 - 01:01:40 EEST

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 09:44:00PM +0200, Fokke de Jong wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after a lot of voodoo, black magic (and some reboots).
> Its seems jack is not complaining anymore, and everything is working again!

I'm glad you got jackd going. Even a sentence explaining the solution
you found is a nice way to give back to the community that
assists you. In general, as you learn more about linux,
you will find that you rarely have to reboot your
system when making changes. I believe it's now
possible to install a new kernel on a running system.
Installing/removing drivers (e.g. kernel modules) is also
something possible without rebooting.

Unlike, for example windows, that has to reboot after every
patchset when reinstalling from instal media.

I do find that X or X apps can hang from time to time, so
setting up X to terminate on Ctrl-Alt-Backspace so you can
restart X is quite helpful. I use a terminal multiplexer,
which comes back with all my terminals, so that part is
pretty convenient.

> Thanks everyone for helping!

Good luck with JACK. I think most users find problems are
rare once you get it set up properly due to the
well-though-out design excellent work by the maintainers.

--
Joel Roth