Re: [LAD] Updates

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 26 2018 - 14:07:07 EEST

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:21:53PM +0200, Ralf Mattes wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 26. August 2018 11:24 CEST, Fons Adriaensen <fons@linuxaudio.org> schrieb:
>

> > That is what pkgconf --cflags freetype2 is supposed to do.
> > Could you be using an older version of freetype ? It used to have its
> > own config command which was removed and replaced by using pkgconf
> > in recent releases. This was one of the reasons to review all of
> > the Makefiles.
>
> Hmm - are you shure that program is called 'pkgconf'? If we are talking about that freedesktop.org
> program (https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config/) that tends to be called 'pkg-config' ...

For more info on pkgconf, see <https://github.com/pkgconf/pkgconf>.

I seem to have both pkgconf and pkg-config, and on Archlinux both
are even provided by the same package.

I used pkgconf as suggested by an Archlinux packager. Don't know
if this is the best choice to support other distros.

Anyway, all that is required is -I/usr/include/freetype2 and maybe
that is what I should use. Comments invited.

The whole issue in the case of freetype is rather strange anyway.
None of my application explicitly link with the freetype library.
The -I is necessary only to satisify a nested #include in
/usr/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h required by clxlient.h.

--
FA