Re: [LAD] ?==?utf-8?q? Updates

From: David Runge <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 28 2018 - 18:40:28 EEST

On 2018-08-28 16:48:40 (+0200), Hermann Meyer wrote:
> But why do you prefer to abuse users experience to promote a replacement,
> when a simple silence replacement is already in place?
I'm not abusing anyone. If at all, I was assuming wrongly, that this
would actually be used more widely already (and apparently it is - on
newer systems).

> Using pkg-config means that it works on any system, even older ones,
> as pkgconfig provide a symlink to pkg-config and replace it therewith
> "really", without trouble for anyone.
That's correct.
However, if one has to sed the Makefiles to remove optimization (for
packaging), it's not a big step to do a `sed -e 's/pkgconf/pkg-config/g'
-i Makefile` either. ;-)

All in all I'm happy the Makefiles see some overhaul after all this
time!

Thanks Fons (and sorry for getting you in pkgconf vs. pkg-config
trouble)!

--
https://sleepmap.de