[LAD] MIDI-2-TCP, TCP-2-MIDI

From: Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2018 - 14:11:30 EEST

I need lossless JACK MIDI networking outside of JACK's built-in
networking, and not multicast unless someone can tell me
straightforwardly how to get multicast (qmidinet) to run within
localhost as well as outside it. Thus I am thinking of trying my hand
at using the Mido library to bridge JACK MIDI and TCP. I have never
done this sort of coding before, programmatorially I am mostly a deep
scripting guy, Python-heavy with a bunch of Bash on Linux, Powershell-
heavy on Windows of late, with a pile of history on back in Perl on
both and VBA on Windows. Anyone have
hints...suggestions...alternatives...a best or better starting
place? Right now I don't want the applets to do GUI at all, I just
want them to sit quietly in xterms, on JACK servers, keeping
connection, and passing MIDI data to and fro, as other processes and
devices bring it.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb@email-addr-hidden    (785)233-9977
Hear us at ponderworthy.com -- CDs and MP3 available!