[LAD] [A plugin scanner:] Cache text file formats: rdf, ttl, custom xml?

From: Tim <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 28 2018 - 07:29:19 EET

Hi list, I'm working on version 2 of MusE's safe plugin
  scanner which now creates cached text lists of all plugins
  found on the system, seven formats: ladspa, dssi, dssi-vst,
  LinuxVst, vst, lv2, and our own MESS).

Currently each cache file is a custom xml template describing all
  the various features of each plugin found, in one common format.

For six of the formats listed above it went smoothly but when
  I made the LV2 section I kept thinking - I'm re-inventing the wheel.
LV2 already uses Turtle text description files, so it was a bit odd
  making a converter from/to my xml format to/from lilv ttl scans.

Question: Can rdf, or ladspa rdf, or Turtle files be used to
  generally specify ANY type of plugin, so that the various
  tools and libraries associated with rdf, lrdf, or ttl or lv2
  can read them in a common way?

This would also allow me to introduce lrdf (or something rdf-based)
  into MusE and really take advantage of features like enumerated
  value strings and so on.

It'd be great if some rdf tool or library function could scan all
  my existing ladspa and dssi (and other) plugins for me and present
  me with an rdf file so I don't have to do all the work.
Even if the file might lack the ability to fill in those ladspa
  enumeration value strings when scanning an unidentifiable plugin.

Thanks.
Tim.