Re: [LAD] Looking for some jackd debugging help

From: Ethan Funk <ethan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 14 2020 - 01:22:50 EEST

I was wrong in my thinking that jackd had a stability problem. After
spending (wasting) a lot of time troubleshooting jackd, a jackd crash
finally occurred while I was siting in front of the machine, and I
noticed that I lost the mouse and keyboard too for about 10 seconds.
So this whole time, the trouble has been flaky USB hardware on the
motherboard, not jackd.

Testing on a new computer has been flawless, for going on two weeks
now.

That leads me to a question regarding Ubuntu Studio Control, which I
have been using to manage jackd and additional audio interfaces via
zita-a2j. I have Ubuntu Studio Control configured to use a Tascam US-
4x4 as the main audio interface with 128 sample process frames at a 48
kHz sample rate on my test machine, with the built-in audio port on the
motherboard as a a2j/j2a bridge. Audio to and from the motherboard
interface is broken up with the zita-a2j and zita-j2a running as
launched by Ubuntu Studio Control. Notably, the -p run option is set to
64. If I run zita-a2j myself with -p set nice and high, to 1024 for
example, I get good clean audio, at the expense of latency on that
interface. That's fine for me, since I still have good, low latency on
the main interface. Does any one know where I can find the source code
for Ubuntu Studio Control so I can investigate a fix to make this
settable?

Thanks,
Ethan Funk