Re: [LAD] new-session-management on jackaudio.org

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2021 - 00:40:06 EEST

On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 10:01:53PM +0100, Filipe Coelho wrote:

> I remember Nils writing there very clearly with an explanation for the why.

I see absolutely no problem with having NewSM hosted on jackaudio.org.

> In my opinion jack-session API is too simple and lacks rules for client
> behavior.

NSM's strict rules for client behaviour are what ensures that it will
be able to perform as promised. Something similar was missing in all
other Linux session manager systems I know of. So I'm very happy to
see Jack-session deprecated.

Just my 2e-2 Euro of course.

--
FA