Re: [LAD] new-session-management on jackaudio.org

From: David Runge <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 06 2021 - 13:39:23 EEST

On 2021-04-05 11:56:30 (+0000), rosea.grammostola wrote:
> This leads to the next problematic situation, that the JACK maintainer
> is also the initiator and maintainer of the NSM fork.

Filipe is **not** the maintainer of new-session-manager, yet you
continue spreading lies about this and are trying to construct a case in
your favor from this [1] [2].

> Guess which version he chooses now and in the future. There is a
> conflict of interest here... again... unfortunately.

The only conflict that exists here is the one that you continue to
fabricate [3].

> I don't like how the brainchild of the original author is totally
> hijacked by some people, hijacking linuxaudio.org for it in the same
> time to make this possible.

Noone has "hijacked" linuxaudio.org and your implications and outright
lies about this are continuous personal attacks [1] on myself and
others.

> Fons, I don't think I've to quote your responses to the way they
> forked and the names they gave it. You used even stronger words then I
> did, which says something.

I'm not sure whether you realize, that you are trying to bully Fons to
be on one or the other side of the fence, which you have been busy
building.
People can in fact change their minds because they are confronted with
more information about a topic or because they simply choose to do so.

Interesting mix between loaded question [4] and (bullied) appeal to
authority [5].

> The end-result is that the Non author removed his source code
> (temporarily?) from the web in anger and despair.

This is not "the end-result" but a decision, that Jonathan took without
actual input from anyone else's side (for all I know), **after** his
personal attacks towards the people involved (to whatever extent) with
new-session-manager were shut down.
Fabricating this into "the end-result" is mere correlation, not
causation [6] and appeal to emotion [7].

> I agreed with him most of the time.

Have you ever considered, that this is a bias, that let's you glance
over all of the (well documented) verbal abuse and taints your output on
this topic substantially [8] [9]?

> Harsh if the above points means that the fork gets a place on
> jackaudio.org, while the ethics of how this fork has been forked are
> far off and the technical implementations disputable.

Just because you repeat your opinions (which are still lies) over and
over again does not make them true [2]. It just makes it more and more
annoying for anyone else to read and who was trying to give you a chance
at actual contribution.

> These questionable ethics and disputable technical solutions would be
> much more arbitrary and not part of the discussion here if they would
> just stick with the NSM api (which they do, if I've to believe it, but
> that's questionable as well) and if they would put their fork on a own
> website.

You keep on implying that something is "questionable" or "disputable",
yet you never delivered any facts [10].

The only thing, that at this point can ojectively be considered those
two terms are your own tactics of continuous conversation derailment,
character assassination and insinuation of mal intent (long after being
proven wrong).

> Throwing another $0.02 in the box. Not much cents left... ;)

In fact, those were the last two cents you had, as you are now banned
from this list for continuous slandering, derailing and spreading of
conspiracy theories and lies after receiving a warning [11] (also, I am
tired of looking up logical fallacies on wikipedia).

Bye,

David

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_nauseam