Re: [linux-audio-user] mp3 quality

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] mp3 quality
From: levi hormann (ltanyon_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 02:16:23 EEST

It'd be nice if that quote had some context, but I pretty sure you're
correct. As logic dictates, you aren't going to be able to go from less
to more. Although the quality could get worse. Like taking a copy of a
copy of a copy.....

So what you can end up here with is an excellent audio compression of a
low quality sample or a low quality compression of an already low
quality sample.

Unless you can find a higher quality wave to compress to be spliced into
the original, what you ask is impossible.