Re: [linux-audio-user] rtc patching

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] rtc patching
From: Chuck Busby (scarecrow143_AT_home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 22:12:26 EEST

On Thursday 13 September 2001 09:38, you wrote:
> Hello
>
> i am trying to get Billy Biggs' TekTracker working and (as is the case
> for other linux sequencers i guess?) i need a kernel that is patched so
> /dev/rtc works. not sure how i can test for this feature in my kernel -
> can anyone tell me how to test my kernel for this facility?

	If you are using a 2.4.x kernel you dont need a patch. Just do a make
xconfig, and select "Enable Real Time Clock Support" under "Character
devices". If you are not used to compile your own kernel, it's a good ideia
to read some docs before trying to do it :-)

	Hope this helps...

			Christian Lyra

This is exactly what I did this weekend using 2.4.7 from mandrake sources.  When I recompiled alsa, I noticed 2 rtc related messages go past.  The first said rtc enabled.....no - the second said can use rtc something or other..... yes

Does this mean I now test rtc positive?

Chuck Busby
scarecrow143_AT_home.com

smile.gif