[linux-audio-user] SBLive Value w/Hoontech breakout/mixer

Subject: [linux-audio-user] SBLive Value w/Hoontech breakout/mixer
From: Hines, Jim (jhines_AT_iolinc.net)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 06:28:53 EEST

Hi all,
I've been on this list for only a few weeks and was very glad to have
found it. Good job!

I have the card/breakout titled above and have had some interesting
mixer strangeness. When booting under a 2.4.8 kernel, my kde mixer
setting shows a mixer specifically for the Creative SBLive with several
mix sliders for my digitial i/o.

Under the 2.4.9-ac10 (or any 2.4.9 it seems, for that matter), I have a
Cirrus Logic CD4297 rev B mixer tab with the "standard" slider controls
(with no digital i/o) and the SBLive mixer is useless, as it has no
sliders at all within it.

I'm assuming that the AC97 mixer is getting installed instead of the
sblive mixer. If this is the case, how do I switch them back so I can
get my digital faders again? The newer kernels no longer have the AC97
option in the make xconfig. I have to think it's now built into the
module/driver.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I

I am running KDE 2.2 under Redhat 7.1 w/2.4.9-ac10 kernel.

Thx,

--
Jim Hines
Athlon 1200mhz 256mb