[linux-audio-user] Cheap, good quality soundcard

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Cheap, good quality soundcard
From: Antti Boman (antti.boman_AT_mindcom.fi)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 11:21:15 EEST

Hi,

This must be a a FAQ, a start for flame wars, or even a wrong mailing
list, but as I cannot find it anywhere here goes:

Which soundcard would you recommend for good quality recording and
playback? The card should be reasonably priced, but still bring in and
put out quality sound. A stereo input is sufficient, but if you know
about cards with more line-ins, I'd love to know about them too. Alsa
compatibility is a must.

Sorry if this leads to something terrible. ;)

-Antti Boman