Re: [linux-audio-user] Time-shifted audio recording?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Time-shifted audio recording?
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_linuxuser.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 01:10:12 EEST

OK - here's the full recipe! The at command turned out to be somewhat
counterintuitive in operation...

Check the daemon is running (as root):

service atd status

Then you give the time at your normal user shell prompt (I've used
HH:MM format but there are plenty of others, including the date -
check the at manpage)

[daniel_AT_server music]$ at 1755

You get this wierd editor where you type the commands one line
at a time, followed by ctrl-d on an empty line to close the file:

at> ecasound -i:/dev/dsp -o:somefile.ogg -t:123
at>

The script gives you a helpful warning:

warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
job 7 at 2001-10-16 17:55

Then you can check the queued jobs with:

[daniel_AT_server music]$ atq

It works! Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

Daniel