Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: gogo

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: gogo
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 03:53:59 EET

On Sun, 2001-11-04 at 14:11, Sylvain CHAMBON wrote:

> I installed oggvorbis to use oggenc and it does'nt wors... Grip found it and was
> be able to work with it but the mp3 files aren't readable....
>

> À bientôt.
>
> Sylvain

Thats because they aren't mp3 files (see http://www.vorbis.com). If they
got named .mp3 thats because the grip preferences are set up to name the
files that way. They should actually end in .ogg. If you have oggenc you
should also have ogg123 which will play them. There is an XMMS input
plugin as well that will play ogg vorbis files. I'm using Ximian Gnome
and this plugin happens to come included with the XMMS they distribute.

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)