Re: [linux-audio-user] simple recording application

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] simple recording application
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 04:42:50 EET

On Thu, 2001-11-08 at 09:27, paul wrote:
> What you use is very dependant on what Window Manager you are using. I
> use Gnome and "gnoise" does fine for basic sound recording/editing. I
> also use "snd" which really I like better, more complete.
>
> "Snd" does not care what Window Manager you are using.
>
> To get "snd" go to google and search on "snd" and it will show the home
> page, you can download it from there.
>
> PK

Just a small nit pick to clarify things. I believe you mean "Desktop
Environment" instead of "Window Manager". Pretty much all programs don't
care what window manager they are running in (responsible for window
borders and management buttons) like Sawfish, Enlightenment, FVWM, etc.
Where as many programs are dependent on a particular desktop environment
(KDE versus Gnome). You don't necessarily need to be running the
particular desktop environment of a program, just having the correct
libraries is sufficient.

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)