[linux-audio-user] Arecord error message

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Arecord error message
From: Andre Dubuc (aajdubuc_AT_webhart.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 01:36:25 EET

I would like to use a microphone to record a few voice wav files using Alsa's
arecord version 0.5.10. (I'm using LM 8.0; I have no outboard soundcard, just
AC97/Southbridge VT82686 onboard, and still have OSS installed.) Following
arecord's man page instructions I entered:

"arecord -t 10 -m -w test.wav"

that gave the following error message:

"Error: unable to obtain longname. No such file or directory."

OK. I'm stumped. Just what is a "longname"? Does it refer to "test.wav" that
I would like to record, or to the program's location, or to what?. Obviously,
test.wav doesn't exist since I've not recorded anything yet -- it kicked me
off! I can find no other references to this word. Am I missing something here?

I would like to master this -- help, please??

tia,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion and terrorism.
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/