[linux-audio-user] beyons MIDI-BOOK was: Project XEMO, MusicXML

Subject: [linux-audio-user] beyons MIDI-BOOK was: Project XEMO, MusicXML
From: Tobias Ulbricht (up5a_AT_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 16:42:41 EET

Hi all LAUs.

Anyone read the Book

" Beyond MIDI: The Handbook of Musical Codes " ??

http://www.ccarh.org/publications/books/beyondmidi/

which is recommended on the xemo.org site.
It's from 1997, covers MIDI, M*Tex, Csound among those I'm interested in.

Anyone read it and can claim the $67 worth it?

Is there any other overview paper (maybe online) about
MIDI+Standards/Notation Standards comparable to this book?

Couldn't find appropriate things on Dave's page.

Thanks, Tobias.