Re: [linux-audio-user] performance issues with audio / ripping

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] performance issues with audio / ripping
From: paul (paul_AT_pksings.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 08:19:27 EET

Wow, definitely sounds like you have conflicting interrupts. Check the
/proc/interrupts file, it lists what is in use. Everything about your
system is in a file in that directory, what modules are in use, how much
memory, ioports being used by everything. You might also want to look
at the /proc/ioports file to make sure everything is using a separate
one, I've never seen two devices use the same one but there's always a
first time.
If you do have conflicting interrupts you can move pci cards to
different slots, that usually changes the interrupt. I have had to
change bios settings for PCI slots to get them all the slots on separate
interrupts though.
I use Grip on a 40 speed ATAPI cdrom and a 40 speed SCSI cdrom and am
able to play mp3's with no dropouts at the same time, on a 450mhz AMD
with 256MB RAM. Something is definitely wrong with your setup based on
what you have stated, that should be a decent performing setup. You
didn't mention your CPU but I'm assuming it's at least at 400.

PK