[linux-audio-user] Advice needed on future home studio

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Advice needed on future home studio
From: Roy Hershberger (roy_AT_kbproweb.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 03:12:08 EET

I'm considering putting together a home studio under Linux. After doing some
research I'm looking at using the following:

SuSE 7.3 with the ALSA sound driver (not sure if I should go with the latest
stable version or the latest beta). I understand SuSE comes with ALSA
preconfigured so hopefully this is my best bet for making it work right.

A Midiman Delta 44 or 66 sound card and a good quality pre-amp/mixer.

SLab for multitrack hard-disk recording and mixing.

As far as I can tell these are good choices, but I thought it would be cool
to ask those of you who may have experience using these systems and
components together. Can I expect good results with this sort of setup? Has
anyone else used a similar setup? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roy