Re: [linux-audio-user] SB-Live latency issues (yuck)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SB-Live latency issues (yuck)
From: Tony Lambley (tonyl_AT_vextech.net)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 00:21:13 EET

Dave,

I've got the same card (1024?) for my linux boot and don't have any
problems. No drop-outs, pops, glitches. Granted, I probably wouldn't record
from it, but it's pretty clean (for what I paid) and feels only slightly
`thinner' than the ds2416; certainly no worse than doze playing mp3 fodder
(xmms and k-wotsitcalled).

I've used most vanilla 2.4.x kernels with it (had to use a few -ac kernels
along the way). What dist are you using?

Regards,
Tony

---