Re: [linux-audio-user] Output sound fails (needed for show tonight)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Output sound fails (needed for show tonight)
From: Joseph Zitt (jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 04:50:10 EET

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 04:45:56PM -0800, Chuck Busby wrote:

> send the list more info

More info: I saw the following in /var/log/messages,preceded by the
datestamps:

localhost kernel: usbaudio: device 3 interface 1 altsetting 5 unsupported channels 1 framesize 3
localhost kernel: usbaudio: device 3 interface 1 altsetting 5 unsupported channels 2 framesize 3
localhost kernel: usbaudio: registered dsp 14.3
localhost kernel: usbaudio: mixer 14.0
localhost kernel: usbaudio: no mixer controls found for Terminal 7

(I *think* these are accurate -- the laptop that's having the problem is
offline and has no floppy or printer, so I wrote these down on paper then
typed them in here.)

I also notice that while gmix, as documented, supposedly has a whole lotta
sliders, when I run it, it comes up with only sliders for Treble, Bass, and
PCM.

--
|> ~The only thing that is not art is inattention~ --- Marcel Duchamp <|
| jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com           http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt |