[linux-audio-user] Re: [CLUE-Tech] SB-Live latency issues (yuck)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [CLUE-Tech] SB-Live latency issues (yuck)
From: Adam Bultman (adamb_AT_mail.glaven.org)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 18:32:46 EET

I think it's quite unfair to judge the SBlive card that way, esp. when you
were running such an old kernel, and then to judge the ensoniq so well,
when you used a far newer kernel. My SBlive 5.1 works flawlessly in linux
under kernels 2.4.16, and 2.5.1 (but 2.5.1 has it's own problems) and I
have never had a single complaint. I can even control the rear speakers
separately, and everything! I bought it to replace an old ISA cs4232
card, and I have no complaints. I suggest you drop that card back in, and
compile the newest kernel again with support for it. You might find
yourself pleasantly surprised.

Adam