[linux-audio-user] Synthesizer programming

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Synthesizer programming
From: Remco Poelstra (rjpoelstra_AT_home.nl)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 22:47:56 EET

Hi,

This is probably a bit off topic, but I try it here anyway, since I think
there are people here that can answer my question.

I'm looking for a website/book/whatever that covers synthesizer
programming. I mean getting music out off such a thing, not making another
synthesizer simulation app.
I know how a synthesizer works, and can explain all most all knobs, but
I've never been able to get some nice sound, only noise. So I'm looking
for a guide that takes me along the first steps of programming such a
thing.

Thanks in advance,

Remco Poelstra