[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Shaketracker with ALSA

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Shaketracker with ALSA
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 00:53:38 EET

>Hi,
>Shaketracker does not use the /dev/midi devices directly, so it seems,
>but /dev/sequencer instead. After starting shaketracker, I have

my recollection is that the ALSA emulation of the OSS sequencer
doesn't work 100%, and i'd be suprised if routing it via virmidi
worked at all! still, i've been suprised before.

personally, i would change the code to either use /dev/midi or the
ALSA sequencer. the OSS one is a piece of junk anyway, and you'd end
up with a well-behaved program that could be used for lots of things.

>So if anyone has success running Shaketracker with AlSA 0.9betaX I would be
>very happy to know his secret trick ;)

can you get it to output directly to a real MIDI port?

--p