Re: [linux-audio-user] command to copy an Audio CD?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] command to copy an Audio CD?
From: Andre Pang (ozone_AT_algorithm.com.au)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 03:42:55 EET

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 06:42:28PM -0700, Dave Price wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am able to rip/encode CD's fine, but I would like to make an audio
> copy of a CD on occasion ... Is there a good (command line?) tool to
> accomplish this?

I like cdrdao[1]; after installing it and making a .cdrdao file
in your home directory, all you have to do is type "cdrdao copy"
(or "cdrdao copy --on-the-fly", if your hardware is powerful
enough.) It should also be available as a package for whatever
distribution you're running since it's quite common now.

1. http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/

--
#ozone/algorithm <ozone_AT_algorithm.com.au>          - trust.in.love.to.save