[linux-audio-user] Hello! greetings from a new subscriber

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Hello! greetings from a new subscriber
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 03:33:00 EET

Hello! I just subscribed to linux-audio-user. Didnt know this list existed, i thought it was only about linux-audio-dev!
After I switched definitively to linux many years ago, the most painful aspect of it was the lack of audio (specially music) apps. For that I decided that i should write the ones i need by myself. The app I missed the most was definitively Impulse Tracker, which I used since '96. It ran on dosemu, but there was no sound at all. After a lot of research and
trying to decide if the best was to improve dosemu sound support or
writing a IT clone, i decided to go for the last. After two months of hard work I came up with CheeseTracker:
http://www.reduz.com.ar/cheesetracker

Despite the "empty" look of it, It's fully working and very featured and I already did a lot of work on it.
The other program I wrote is ShakeTracker:

http://www.reduz.com.ar/shaketracker

Which is a midi tracker. I did it in my need for achieving better sound quality in my work, and trying to find a way to use my synths directly (instead of sampling and using in a tracker). Initially, I wrote it for myself, but many people found it useful so I decided to release it.

I am also currently working on my free time on a Yamaha DX7 emulator,
which is a synth I allways wanted to have but never had the money to afford :(

Well, thats all about me! sorry for bothering you with such a long text (if you actually took the time to read this or reach this far ;). I'd really like to know about the rest of you, i'm sure i can learn a lot from other people's experiences.

Juan Linietsky