Re: [linux-audio-user] why is my mp3 file bigger than my wav file?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] why is my mp3 file bigger than my wav file?
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad_AT_laymusic.org)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 19:36:47 EET

    Ross> Nah, lame knows about different wave file formats and will
    Ross> automatically:

Maybe I confused it, though. I couldn't find much documentation about
how to deal with mono sources. So I lowered the volume on the right
chanel to 0, but didn't officially mute it, and I don't know whether
it's possible to figure out from my .wav file that it's really mono,
or just stereo with no sound on the right channel.

Can someone tell me the best way to tell alsamixer or alsactl to only
look at the left channel of the line in? Or how to tell ecasound to
write only a mono .wav?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad_AT_laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574