Re: [linux-audio-user] can anyone help me get my /dev/dsp back?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] can anyone help me get my /dev/dsp back?
From: Chuck Busby (scarecrow.143_AT_attbi.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 04:52:05 EET

Check the kernel config. If I recall correctly, in the devfs section is a
mount at boot? option. I recommend building devfs with no mount at boot and
putting the no mount instruction in your lilo.conf. But then again, who am I
:-)

On Sunday 03 February 2002 05:13 pm, jordan muscott wrote:
> Kevin Ernste wrote:
> >As has been said, Mandrake 8.1 uses devsf...which seems pretty flakey to
> >me at this point. On my system I just turned it off, and all of the
> >device issues I was having, including the one you describe, magically
> >disappeared.
> >
> >To turn it off, edit lilo.conf for your main boot entry. Add
> >"devsf=nomount quiet". Here's the first entry from mine:
> >
> >image=/boot/vmlinuz
> > label=linux
> > root=/dev/hda3
> > initrd=/boot/initrd.img
> > append=" hdd=ide-scsi devfs=nomount quiet mem=512M"
> > vga=788
> > read-only
> >
> >Reboot, and that's it. To renable it, just change "nomount" to "mount.
> >
> >Kevin
>
> thanks -- er, one little problem thus far - changed my lilo.conf, heres
> the first entry:
>
> image=/boot/vmlinuz
> label=linux
> root=/dev/hda1
> append=" hdc=ide-scsi devfs=nomount quiet"
> vga=788
> read-only
>

> but after rebooting and running 'top' , devfs still seems to be running.
> any ideas?
> thanks again.
>
> jordan...

- --
Chuck Busby
scarecrow.143_AT_attbi.com
- --
Any technology which is discernable from Magick is not sufficiently advanced.
Arthur C. Clarke