Re: [linux-audio-user] loop / play portions of mp3 file?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] loop / play portions of mp3 file?
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 15:33:12 EET

Spiral loops, sweep, glame, ardour, alsaplayer, snd....

There are many apps thta allow this. IMO spiral loops would be the best app for this task.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

--- Dave Price <davep_AT_kinaole.org> wrote: >Hi! > >In the past, I have used a neat little program called CD-Looper or in a >pinch, Syntrillium's audio file editor to loop small sections of a >recording in order to learn the parts on an audio recording. > >Can this be done easily in linux? In particular, is it even possible to >loop on parts of an mp3 file, or will I need to decode the piece to .wav >in order to loop on it? > >Can anyone suggest good programs for doing this under linux, preferable >something with a bit of a GUI or ncurses control panel to make >interacting with it easy whilst holding a guitar in one hand? > >aloha( & TIA), >dave > >The infornmation contained in this message is strictly the opinion of >the author, and subect to the terms of the published disclaimor. > >http://kinaole.org/disclaim.html

_____________________________________________________________ Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net