Re: [linux-audio-user] HPKcomposer 3

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] HPKcomposer 3
From: Kevin Ernste (kevine88_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 04:27:45 EET

> > /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0/bin/java -classpath \
> > .:..:/usr/local/bin/HPKComposer3/hpkc.jar hpkc.view.HPKComposer
>
> How well is that working? For me I could only get HPKComposer to work
> with java 1.18 with the swing extensions. With 1.2 and 1.3 the display
> was extremely slow and some things did not show up at all.

Yeah. As both Dave and I experienced, there are some questions still
about version3 (or perhaps with java itself...frankly, I have never had
much "luck" with java in linux). Those things that do work run quite
slowly (and this machine is no slouch). I hate to tell you that 2.2 runs
very nicely under windows, but is does. This gives me hope that it will
perform even better once the bugs are worked out on the linux side.

I am using the Java SDK 1.4 (with swing packaged by default, I think).

Kevin

=====
Kevin Ernste
Eastman School of Music