Re: [linux-audio-user] powerbook speaker/ audio out switch

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] powerbook speaker/ audio out switch
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 15:31:08 EET

matt yee-king wrote:

> hello
>
> i just took the plunge and put yelw dog linux on my powerbook g4. its
> great, well it will be if someone can help me with this problem (theres
> always a problem...)
>
> after spending all day getting alsa 0.9 and a nice new kernel working
> properly i thought i'd try out the audio through my mixer instead of
> through the tinny laptop speakers. unfortunately when i plug a mini jack
> to the audio out, the sound still comes out of the speakers. and it
> doesn't come out of the audio out. i assume that in macos theres a bit
> of software that detects the change and switches to the line out...
> anyone know how to fix this in linux?
>
> (oh yeah i got spiralsynth to compile on my system and its looking
> really good. so i'll prob be interested in jordans midi-loopback
> question as well!)

did you try on alsa-dev ?

in case no one here knows the answer, you might want to ask on
linuxppc-user, or even linuxppc-dev.
they are very helpful, and i know many folks there run tibooks
(lucky bastards, you all!)

see http://lists.linuxppc.org/

on my girlfriend's pismo g3, line out works, but you cannot
completely mute the speakers, which pretty much rules out listening
to music on a train or a plane :(

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany